Thursday, February 19, 2009
Yet again
Youd think Id learn my lesson - well now I have. Yesterday as I was late to bible study and particularly upset about it cause I was in charge of snacks, I was going to fast. The nice motorcycle cop pulled me over with those now to familiar flashing lights. However this time, he wasnt a jerk, in fact, he was very professional and seemingly truly concerned that I would be speeding, endangering my fellow drivers. He asked why I was speeding and I told him I was late to bible study. He asked to see all my info. He looked at my drivers license and asked if the address was current. I said no. You see, my drivers license has my sis's address on it cause when I moved here I knew I wouldnt have a stable address for awhile but I knew she wasnt going anywhere. So it made sense. I just havent changed it in the past 8 years Ive lived here. Then upon looking at my registration he noted it was a different address and asked if that one was my current address. Again, I replied no. That one had the address of the house we just moved out of. So he took it all back with him to call it in or whatever they do. The whole time I was just praying for a miracle of God. And praise Jesus, he came back and said he was giving me a verbal warning for my speeding, but he was giving me a fix it ticket for my address being incorrect on my drivers license. He informed me that the law was you had 7 days to change it when you move. Well, who knew? Not me, but now I do and Im just so thankful it wasnt a speeding ticket!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Slow it down, blondie! Did you have my grand babies in the car while you bookin' it???
(Just being a mom).
Love you!
Ha! I can hear your voice saying that, Vera! Too funny!
I'm glad you didn't have to pay a big ticket, Kelly! :)
Ummm, it happens to the best of us.
I love you,
Dad
WELL, Kelly...I never knew you had a lead foot. :) Life is intersting everyday!
Post a Comment