Friday, February 20, 2009

The most frustrating


The other day, Neil and I had just had some people over for dinner. They offered to help clean up, but of course, I was like "No, its ok. I still have to unload the dishwasher." So no worries, we chatted for a while then they left. Neil and I got busy cleaning up. We unloaded the dishwasher and restacked it with the dinner dishes. Needless to say, it was full and ready to be started. I did however think I could get "one more dish in" so I waited til the morning after breakfast to run it. I loaded it all up, put the soap in, and pushed it closed. The familiar beeps were heard and then I pushed start. Nothing happened. I leaned closely to make sure cause our dishwasher is pretty quite. Nope, nothing. I pushed start again at least 15 times, but no use. Ugh!!!!!! So a day or so went past before I had the time to find a repair guy and get a quote. It was ridiculously expensive to have the guy just come out, let alone the parts and labor. So I talked it over with Neil and we decided to purchase a new one. We had just been given a gift card and I had a coupon. Also they currently have a mail in rebate so the delivery and instillation is free. So we are confident we made the right choice. However, because we needed black, it had to be special ordered so Im about 2 weeks without a dishwasher. So frustrating. I hate doing dishes by hand. Neil did remind me tho that its a good thing we are out of the bottle stage. For that I say Thank God!

1 comment:

Michele said...

oh man. I hate washing dishes by hand. I went seven years without a dishwasher and I hope to never go back. When we come over for lunch we'll help with the dishes! :)