
On a whim last night I decided Id create a Facebook profile. Neil and Justus were out at a FSU basketball game and Haven was sleeping. So away I went. I really have no idea how these pages work. I did what I thought and then had to call Renee (mind you Renee lives three timezones away so I effectually rang in about midnightish) (you know you have a good friend when they dont mind...or you know are watching some tv show...I digress.....) to explain to me the wonders of Facebook. She helped me get my page secure and even let me be her friend! So after we were confirmed friends, I was able to see her Wall. The first thing I noticed is that I could see all her conversations. And I had to ask "Why do I want to see this?" I dont care what her conversation with so and so was about or who her latest friend was. I really think its very not private. But of course she told me blogging was not private either. Ok, I agree, but its not like Im conversating with someone....Im just typing my thoughts as if in a journal. Hmmmm.....still not so sure that Facebook is for me. I think Ill take it a little at a time.
8 comments:
I like Facebook because it allows me to connect with old high school friends, people from the past, etc. I might not have everyones addresses or phone numbers, and it is fun to have everyone all in one place. Plus, if you want to speak with someone privately there is that option called "wall-to-wall".
I'm with you, not for me. :)
That or myspace - I'm sticking to blogging!
Yay! I'm going to request you as a friend right now. You'll learn to love it as much as I do. I call it "legal stalking."
I am the only person on the Temple side of the family without one. I get people telling me what Daniel (my hubby) puts on his! I don't know if I could keep up a blog and facebook. Good luck, hope you like it :-)
I don't do Facebook either. I don't know why... I guess because I don't really want to get in touch with people from high school! :) And like you said, not very private. I agree with your statement about blogs - it's more like a journal rather than a conversation.
Yay Kelly! I do like Facebook. It isn't raunchy like MySpace, and I've been able to connect with lots of old friends (even family!) and it really does keep me much more up to date with how people are doing. I've found out about surgeries, birthdays, rought spots, and happy times. It helps me to stay involved from afar. I try to keep my conversations private though through messages and not on the wall. I'll look for you!
**I'm not sure why it's saying Indie Mom, that was something I was tyring to set up a long time ago! Hm.
Kelly, sorry if I'm intruding, I read your blog from time to time. I like seeing Justus and Haven, they are really adorable and growing so much. But, I just had to comment on the Facebook post. About a year ago I tried Facebook, thinking it was kind of like myspace. Well a girl from high school I used to be friends with contacted me and wanted to meet up, I hadn't seen her in over five years and didn't think much of it so I gave her my number not expecting much. Well she emailed me and called me one day, and before I had a chance to get back to her she had called several times, and then wrote me an email asking why I didn't talk to her, was I mad at her, why didn't I want to be friends, and she even had her daughter leave a message on my phone asking if they could come over to my house. That one incident turned me off Facebook for life.
Post a Comment