Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Let Freedom Ring
Lately Ive been having some random thoughts about what Freedom really is. I think for the first time in my life Ive felt that my freedom is threatened. This economy is squelching to say the least. I feel like my freedom to have the "American Dream" is quickly diminishing. Not to say thats all I want in life - that is far from the truth. To reach further - maybe even to far - I feel that our country is being punished for turning our back on God. And I think therein lies my feelings. People I dont know, people who dont love Jesus or have no regard for God, have passed laws - such as taking prayer out of school, allowing abortion - that make my God cringe. Therefore, my freedom to flourish is gone. Maybe this is way off-base, but at least, Im really understanding the price our forefathers paid so that we could have religious freedom. And now it seems that it is all in vain as people continue to choose to support agendas against Godliness. Of course I know that God has me in His hands, I am not afraid of the future. I trust His perfect path for my life and I do not waver in believing that He knows the Plans He has for me, to prosper me, not to harm me, to give me a Hope and a Future, as expressed in Jeremiah 29:11. My hope is in Jesus, not national freedom. It just saddens me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kelly, I am of the same mind set. Even though I am dismayed by the choices being by some of our leaders, I have great faith in our Lord. We are kept by Him, He chose us and wants only the best for us. It is one our bedrock examples:just as Peter sank when he left the boat and looked at the water, as long as he kept his eyes on Jesus all is well! He promises us wonderful future and just as you said has not given a spirit of fear. There is a scripture that says" fear God and dreadnought". I love you. Dad
Little Chickie,
You amaze me. I echo your thoughts. They are in my heart as well and it saddens me that so many eyes are blinded. Yet, our God is bigger than all of this. And, most importantly, we know the best is yet to come. How GREAT our LORD God is...
Love to you!
Post a Comment