Monday, August 11, 2008

Update #2


End of the first day. I had to call my sister for encouragement in the potty training department. Justus poopied two more times not in the potty and peed twice. I was getting a little discouraged. But she reminded me it will take awhile and that was normal. So I felt better. He did really good tonight. Neil joined right in and took him to the potty once he was home. I did have to go to the store tho cause I only had 6 pairs of underwear. For whatever reason I thought that would be enough. No, No. Not quite. Justus went through all 6 today plus a pull up and a fresh washed pair - that is 8 changes. So I took a pick of all his new undies.

On the Chocolate side of life - Im doing good - however, I did go to Sonic and got a small peanut butter milkshake. Usually I get a large and of course usually I get chocolate too. Not today. Just a small PB. So, I really shouldnt have had that at all - but it turned out to be a rough day.

Also, Im currently taking all free advice, tips, encouragement in the potty training area - so please leave me a comment if you have anything that would help. Thanks and Blessings!!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

When I potty trained Logan I went to Dr. Phil's web site and followed all of his step by step instructions. He had accidents, but he did understand how to go poop and pee in the potty by the end of the day (he was 2 1/2 yrs. old) Even after he knew how to poop in the potty he was still having #2 accidents when we went out. He would hold it until the very last minute because he didn't want to use the public bathroom (can I really blame him for that?) So to cure him of that I would through away his underwear and let him be comando until we got home. He hated it because he loved all his big boy underwear, but he started going when he needed to and I didn't have to bring home poopy underwear! My advice is to stay home as much as you can for the next few days and that will make it much easier. I also went all the way and put him to bed in his underwear. I had read that it just confuses them because their not allowed to pee in their underwear during the day, but at night it's fine. So I had to get up in the middle of the night to change sheets, but only 2 nights! After that he got it and we didn't have to do pull ups. The trick to making that work was I woke him up and took him to the bathroom when I went to bed. It was easy for him to go right back to sleep so I didn't feel bad about it. I think I did that for about a year and then he didn't need it. Good luck! I'm sure you are doing a great job! =)

Whitney said...

Kelley, you are doing great! Hannah was SO stubborn that I will not share any experience, but soon you will see it 'click' for him and it will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly! Your Mom gave me your blog address! I love it! I used to let Logan pee on cheerios in the toilet. He thought it was fun hitting the target :) I surely miss you! Love, Nancy Hudspeth