Sunday, August 10, 2008

Potty Training & Chocolate Fast


POTTY TRAINING - Ive decided that tomorrow is the official day! Justus and I have been talking about it for a week now. Ive been encouraging him, telling him how soon it will be time to go potty in the big boy potty and that he will get to wear his big boy underwear. Last week he would scream whenever I attempted to put him on the potty - but since all of our conversations, he now will sit on the toilet without issue. So my strategy is to just start the day with big boy underwear and every 20-30 min put him on the potty. Hopefully he will get it quickly!
CHOCOLATE FAST - Tomorrow also is the day that I start my chocolate fast. Maybe that is poor timing! But it needs to be done. Ive been going crazy lately and my waist and wallet can no long accept such behavior. So tomorrow it is! No more Ben and Jerry, no more 8pm brownies, no more Sonic peanut butter chocolate milkshakes, no more Fosters twisters with chocolate ice cream and Reeses, no more Reeses, no more Eddies cookies, no more homemade cookies, no more eating all of my in-laws peanut M&Ms. Ive got to go cold turkey. Ive also enlisted my friend Ersillia to come along too. So she and I will be doing this together. Our goal is one week and hopefully we will continue.

So a busy week in store for me. :)

3 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Way to go Kelly!! I will be praying for you and Justus big time! How exciting and a milestone for J-man (potty training) and a sacrifice and trial (chocolate fast)for you! You can do it!!! Bless you my Chickie!

Renee said...

Best of Luck! I hope to not break you of this habit. Because, chocolate has been proven to have some very positive affects on humans! Maybe you should give up something useless like iceberg lettuce or celery!

Jacinda said...

Okay, seriously did you have to list all of the amazing chocolate possibilities? You're making my mouth water!