Monday, August 4, 2008

Stir in my heart

As I was laying in bed (Haven woke up crying, but good thing nothing was wrong, and she went back to sleep without event) my heart was stirring over a conversation I had with a lady. This lady is the mom of a tweener. Her daughter is about to be 11. (she also has a son that is 9). So the minute I found out she has a son and daughter I started asking her what it was like when they were young and how they played together and WHEN did they start being able to be with each other and play. In the course of all this, we start talking about her daughter and how she is at the beginning of the blossoming years. We talked of how she knows she needs to have "the talk" but is not sure how. Of course some of her stories were funny and some were awkward, but what hit me most was a comment she made. She said that she didnt know what she would do if her daughter one day at 16 came and asked to be put on birth control. She was like, I dont want to be a grandma then, but I also dont want my child choosing that path. I was just floored cause in my mind birth control is not an option. I want my kids to be educated in Satan's schemes and the consequence to them. I claim my children in Jesus name that they will know the tools they can use to fight their temptations. And maybe she was just in the midst of the issue and was talking it out. And maybe I was to busy looking for advice and not encouraging my sister-in-Christ like I should have been. But my goodness, May God always make me aware and always talking and informing my children that they may know how to use the Sword of the Spirit and the Shield of Faith. May they use their Helmet of Salvation - knowing to whom they belong. May they put on the Belt of Truth and the Breastplate of Righteousness and shod their Feet with the Readiness of the Gospel of Peace. And Dear God, if they are so in the throws of battle and they have not the strength to fight, may Neil and I stand in the gap praying for them, holding up their Swords and Shields for them! My heart is stirred. Lord, help me to be the best mom to my children. Help me to teach my children of your word. Thank you for Ephesians 6. You are a good God and I notice all that You have done for me. Thanks you! In Jesus Name, Amen.

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

I also pray that my kids will have the conviction of the Holy Spirit and not just feel the temptation of rules! It is sad that her reaction is probably more of the norm!

Ann-Marie said...

Amen, sister! We've got to start praying NOW for our kids' futures. It's scary what's out there, but we know the Almighty and He will protect them. I keep meaning to ask, do you and your family attend Peoples on Sundays, or do you go somewhere else?

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Your dad and I are a LIVING testimony of God's faithfulness when you pray for your babies and interceed for them and pour Jesus into them. We serve a LORD that is HUGE. Nothing is too difficult for Him. Watch and see the great things He will do thru your prayers! You cannot even imagine!!