Monday, March 30, 2009

Whirlwind weekend







This weekend was like a whirlwind. We had signed up to be a host home for our youth group. They, instead of going away for a retreat, planned on staying at different homes for the weekend, meet in small groups and then also do large group sessions with worship and a speaker. The host home stuff would have been a breeze since you dont have to go to anything, you just feed them a few meals and make sure they have a place to sleep - even if it is the floor. But a few weeks out our youth pastor, who is a personal friend, asked me to be a leader also. After talking it over with Neil, I said yes. I do really love youth and have always been involved with them until I had kids. The theme for the weekend was Identity. But anyways, saying yes meant I had to be out til midnight fri night while the kids bowled which meant I didnt get to sleep until about 2 or 2:30, had to be up in time to help Neil get the kids out the door to Gigis house cause Neil was laying our sod. Then it was go-go-go all day. Which I am used to an afternoon nap and of course that didnt happen. Then another late night because of a late session and then wrap-up small group session. Not in bed until about midnight or a little after. Then up early to make it to church. But, it was fun and I enjoyed getting to know some of our youth. I had 8 freshmen and sophomores in my house and 2 leaders. And, after all was said and done, we have grass!! and I think the students had a great time. Whirlwind tho it was, it was worthwhile!!

Didnt get any pics of the students, but here are some of the house....

3 comments:

Megan said...

The grass looks AWESOME! I'm so glad you said yes to being a leader- I bet the students learned a lot from you during that time, you have a lot to offer!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Hey,
The sod looks wonderful,all the work was worth it. It is always good to be Gods vessel.
I love you,
Dad

Unknown said...

so how did you guys lay the sod down? I'm curious, because since we bought our house I haven't gotten to work on our yard, and it's full of weeds.