
This past Friday we had an impromptu trip to the beach. My sis and her fam were planning on going for the long weekend and they always let us know and invite us to stay with them in their 5th wheel. We knew we'd be going at least for Saturday but Friday morning I gave Neil a call at work and we decided we could just use some of our Marriott points and stay fri night in a hotel. Since Haven is still in a pack n play we knew staying with my sis over night would be challenging. So we opted for the hotel route. I was so glad we did.
My kids were so good. I was super proud of how they handled everything. The ride over was mostly good - no complaining or whining, or at least, very little and that was only because we ate dinner so late and they were hungry.
Then in the hotel room, they went to bed and were quiet when it was time to sleep. I really wasnt sure how that would all go down. Justus has stayed in the room with us before but with Haven in the mix I was a little leary. But it all turned out to be awesome.
Then we got up, at bfast and headed to Avila. We were there from 9 in the morn til 3. The kids played so good. At first Haven wasnt about to let her feet get all sandy but she warmed up to it. This was actually a blessing in disguise cause it meant she wasnt trying to run off.
My sis and her fam joined us about noon. We all had a great time hanging together. This was the first trip to the beach that I actually enjoyed the whole time. Haven was finally old enough to not be difficult. Justus is a champ, just give the kid a few cars and hes good to go.
After the beach we went back to my sis's to clean up, then into town for dinner. The ride home was good to cause the kids were so tired. Neither had had a nap which I wasnt so sure about, but that too was fine.
Good times at the Beach!!
2 comments:
Looks like it was a lot of fun!
It is good to get away. Nothing like the coast. I love the update.
I love you, Dad
Post a Comment