The part that really got me was the "take up your mat" part. The lady who gives the lectures for BSF said that taking up his mat was his responsibility. In essence it represented all that he was accountable for. So tonight Im sitting at church and it finally clicked. The Pastor said he spends time with the Lord through prayer and bible reading every day and has not missed a single day in like 8.5 years or something ridiculously long like that. He said it was his responsibility. Ok, I get it. Just like I pledged some 14 years ago to make my bed every morning because I wanted to be a lady of diligence (and Ive only missed a handful of times). That was my action to being responsible. But God is calling me to be responsible in a new way. I must spend time with him daily. It is my responsibility in Faith action. I must take up my mat and walk. Walk with Him.
2 comments:
Spending time with Jesus is a sweet thing, prayer, church, great christian friends. There is always stability at the cross. I am happy for you.
I love you,
Dad
Kelly, I love what you wrote!
When a truth from the word "clicks in" it is the most amazing thing. It is actually indescribable. Your eyes are opened imediately to a revelation of something Jesus wants you specifically to know. It is so powerful! It is so freeing! You know you are soaring with the Lord to new heights. No better place to be!!! ;-)
I love you!
Post a Comment