I really love the Fourth of July. I am a super patriotic person and I love the reminder of the cost of our Freedom. I really dont know much about our history, but I do remember that when I took American History in college, I LOVED my class. I remember leaving class so excited to come the next time to hear more of the story. I just wish I could retain more of it. I love explaining it to Justus. It truly is thrilling for me. Speaking of thrilling, I am so jealous of my friend Renee and her husband Nick cause they got to spend the 4th right in our nations capital, right by the Jefferson Monument. Amazing!
Anyways...Justus, Neil and I spent the 4th BBQing at my sis's house. It was lots of fun. Somewhat crazy tho cause of all the kids. There were kids from age 12 to almost 1 and it seems they were all over the place. Justus had a good time swimming and eating hot dogs and cookies. Haven got to spend the evening with Gigi and Papa Rog. She is a little to young for the craziness at the Mendenhall's. But both were in bed before fireworks. I know, how sad for my children. But those of you who know me well, know that I dont do difficult. Justus seemed a little young still, even for a sparkler and Haven, well her bedtime is 7 so needless to say I wasnt going to keep her up 2 hours past her bedtime. Its not like they will really remember. But they both looked really cute!
3 comments:
So cute! I love the picture of them together. Our kids were asleep for fireworks too. ;)
What precious ones we have. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Wish we could have been there. Hey Kelly Bells, didn't know you loved history that much. You got those genes from your Daddy-O!!
Love you tooooo much,
Mom xxxoooxxxoooxxxoooxxx
that pic of both of them is sooo... cute! i love it! well gtg love ya.
kaleigh:-D
Post a Comment