Saturday, July 12, 2008
Oops!
Parenting is so complex. I definately had one of those bad parenting moments the other day. Let me share. As Haven is getting older and more interested in what Justus is doing, Justus has learned he can dangle a toy in front of Haven and then pull it away as she is reaching for it. I have told Justus that is teasing and not to do it. Its a "no." I tell him it is mean and we should be kind/sweet to Sis. Well the other day, he came over to me with Speedracer car in hand and said "I teased Sister." Well, since I didnt actually see him do it, I didnt want to punish him. In my great efforts, however, to explain to him how mean teasing was and we arent to do it I gave him the example that if I tell him we can play play-doh and then tell him I was just kidding that is teasing and Justus would be sad. Ok, I completely lost him and alls he could talk about was playing play-doh. He did not understand my "great" teachable moment at all. So I told him we could play play-doh when Daddy got home. Oops! So much for the great lesson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i think you are doing a great job raising your kids. They are so smart. Check out the cute pics. of them on my blog.
-kaleigh:-D
Post a Comment