Friday, April 1, 2011

Family Vacay Part 1 - Sea World

To say I was excited to go to Sea World was an understatement. I remember going when I was a kid and I was just in awe over the magnificent creatures that God put on our earth. I love Orca Whales and dolphins are just super cool.

We spent one day in Sea World. I was really impressed with how little kid friendly it was.

The first exhibit we went to was the Wild Arctic one. Justus and I did the helicopter simulation and then walked through the exhibit. Haven was to small so she and Neil just went straight to the exhibit.


Then it was on to the Penguin Encounter. Haven must have really liked this one because she later purchased a stuffed Penguin named Ottis.
Justus and I went off to feed the dolphins. That was a nice treat and a great way to get up close with them. Haven was too little so she and Neil watched from across the pool.



Then it was on to Sesame Street Bay of Play. This was the unexpected part for me. It was so kid friendly. A nice place for the kids to run around and some fun rides too!




Lunch time was next. I didnt get a picture of it, but the birds would not leave us alone. Very annoying!

We got to check out the Tide Pool and get up close with the Starfish.



Checked out the giant Sea Turtles

Neil made sure we got the aerial view by going on the Bayside Skyride

We checked out the aquariums and J found a giant magnifying glass. He thought it was super cool.

And at some point saw the Sea Lions and Sharks which I didnt get a pic of

We ended the day with the Shows

First it was Shamu Stadium and the Believe show - there are no words for these magnificent creatures. I was just a little disappointed that the trainers never got in the water with the whales.




Ended with the Dolphin Stadium.



What a great day!


2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Great pictures- it is fun seeing them learning and enjoying themselves- I love you Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

What a great vacation! Can't wait to see the pics of Legoland!! So glad the weather was perfect...God is sooooo good! ILY!