So this week Im officially crazy busy. Last week, Justus started swim lessons. He is doing really well and has even passed a level. He got to ring the bell and everyone clapped for him. Hes also made a friend, Payton. She is a cutie and Justus always asks if we will see Payton. This week is his last week of swim lessons, which we do in the afternoon. Ive uploaded some pics from his first day.
This week also is the start of our churchs version of VBS. We call it Rock Your World. Im helping with the dance portion. Another lady and myself, along with a few youth helpers are teaching the kids the Hannah Montana Hoedown Throwdown. You can YouTube it if youve never heard of it. Its from her movie and they break it down and teach it. So thats what we are doing for these kids. Which also meant that I had to learn it. Now, Im in no way a stellar dancer especially if I have to hit moves on a certain beat in a certain way. And these moves are FAST. The kids are doing well, which it does help that probably half already know the dance.
Justus is also a part of VBS. They have a class for his age so its fun to see him in the big assembly with all the big kids. I didnt really get to see much of what else they do cause Im busy with my thing. At the end we all eat lunch together. Apparently Justus swiped some kids lunch yesterday, which was wrong/bad on so many levels. What he swiped was a peanut butter sandwich and he is allergic to it. So I find him walking around the play area holding a baggie with a PB sandwich in it. Thankfully he couldnt get the baggie open. Needless to say, I will be there early at lunch time today to make sure this doesnt happen again.
1 comment:
Hey Kelly,
I have been praying that you'll be able to pick up the "Hannah Montana Hoedown" dance. I watched it and it looked very involved! Guess Justus was really just very hungry! A little larceny lurks in all of us somewhere???!!!
Love to you...
Post a Comment