
Im really working on being a more flexible mom. I want for my kids to have so much fun in their childhoods. But always I have been so schedule orientated that I didnt do things if they didnt fit in the routine. All this was for a good reason, I felt that my kids behaved better and my sanity was protected. Now that the kids are getting older, Im ready to shake things up a bit. So today was a great opportunity. My niece just turned 11 on Friday so she had her little party and they were going to Build-a-Bear and then to lunch. Neil was out of town for the day to go see Fresno State play UCLA. I found out my nieces plans just 15 min before they were going to leave. So I decided to go too. I had to get Haven up from her nap a little early and pack up lunch stuff for her and get the kids to head to the mall. Let me just pause and say I hate the mall on Saturdays. But I did it! Justus got some quality time with Uncle Jeff as they were the only two males in the pack of girls. Then we even went for lunch, even tho it was about an hour later than I norm would feed Justus and about 30 min before their naps. But I hung in there and they actually did really good at the restaurant. I was a little worried cause Haven had been in the stroller all day and then was in the highchair. I usually make sure they get some time to run around. Im just not that mom that hauls her kids where ever, when ever. It must be the accountant in me! But I realize that there is a good balance and Im certainly trying to get there!
3 comments:
Good for you! I know how it is - I'm a big schedule person, too, especially when it comes to meal times and naps. It's hard to be flexible, but sometimes it's worth it!
Way to go Kelly! What a great mom you are!!!
Schedules definitely have their places, but it's usually the spontaneous times that make the memories. But if you're spontaneous all the time it's just chaos!
Post a Comment