Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Pattys Day - Kids

I love St. Pattys day.  Ever since Ive had kids it has become one of the most fun holidays for me.

We had a jam packed day.  I had planned some fun things for our kids and then we had an adult party with our life group that night.

Kids Stuff:
So the night before I decorated so that when the kids woke up (way before me) they would come out to a special St. Pattys breakfast.  There were gold coins leading them down the hallway to the breakfast table which was filled with fun stuff.  Leprecaun hats, shamrock glasses, gold coins, Lucky Charms (a real treat in our house) and I did make them some green milk.




 They loved it.

Then a little later I had them go on a scavenger hunt for the pot of gold.  This year was fun because Justus could read all the clues.  He helped Haven out and together they found the pot of gold!  Which also had a small toy in it for each  of them.

 We also made rainbow cupcakes - one of my personal favs.  The kids helped me make them and then they got to eat one after their lunch.  Later I served the rest of them at the Life Group party.





2 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

That was soooo cool!! And soooo fun for the kids (and you, such a kid at heart)!!! What a great St. Paddy's day! ILY!!

Mama said...

So awesome, Kelly :o) Love all of it!

-Layne