Justus kindergarten class was given the homework assignment of completing a Spring Hat. The kids were brought into the work room one by one, allowed to choose two colors for the hat. Then the hat was fitted to their head.
It was our job as parents to help them decorate it. Thankfully I remembered what it was like when my niece had this same assignment almost 10 years ago. I knew parents went all out and decked the hats out. Of course having a boy made this a little more challenging. We had to ditch the Spring idea and just make it cool.
So Angry Birds Space it was. J had gotten an Angry Birds game for Christmas so I knew the pieces would work great. So J colored his planets and helped to arrange the pieces while I hot glued them on. We were also lucky enough to find an Angry Birds Space shirt for him to wear. Perfect!
Then they got to parade around the school. They went into all the hallways while the kids were lined up to see them. I thought this was great for school spirit. So cute to see even the 5 & 6 graders giving the Kinders high fives as they walked by!
2 comments:
very cool - I love you, Dad
Coolest hat ever!!!
Post a Comment