We thought Justus would be a girl so when he arrived 2.12.06 at 8:57am as a boy, we were all taken aback - even my doctor ;) But thrilled none the less, we were. Happy, healthy.....or so we thought.
Neil and I have had a lot of time to discuss these events, especially recently since we both have been sick. He has been home more. We had no idea what God had in store for us.
That first week Justus was home was killer on me. He was not an easy baby. But as always, God is faithful. I didnt have many of the soreness issues that my friends have had. It was easy from a physical standpoint to take care of him. My sister came to help and did so in so many ways. She was the one who redecorated my nursery taking down everything pink and replacing it with blue. She was phenomenal. I had to get over the fact that I had had a baby boy when I expected a baby girl. That was harder than I thought it would be. I truly had to mourn the loss of my girl. Weird maybe, but I had to do it. I felt like I buried that baby (or dream of that baby) and then I had to move on.
| Justus right after I had him |
| All the girl clothes that had to go back to the store |
1 comment:
Got the man, then the delayed blessing- I love you, Dad
Post a Comment