Monday, October 10, 2011

Mountain trip part1

When I took the kids to Yosemite back in the summer I noticed a few spots along the way that I wanted to visit. One was The Sugar Pine Railroad, the other was staying at Tenaya Lodge and I also wanted to take the kids to see the Mariposa Big Trees - the grove of Giant Sequoias.

I thought a trip to the Mountains would be a great way to kick off the fall season. So we headed to Sugar Pine Railroad first.

The kids each picked out a stuffed Wolfy to be their companion.

We watched as they pulled the Steam Train out and hooked it up.


Then it was All Aboard. We enjoyed our ride.



We stayed the night at Tenaya Lodge.


And ended our night with some tasty drinks by the fire. :)




2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Wow, looks like great fun in fall conditions! I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

What a great quick trip with a fun ride on the train! How cool is that??!! Love to you!