Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Big Fresno Fair

The Fair - oh how I love the Fair! I have such great memories of going to the Fair with my school when I was a kid.

I have loved taking my kids. We have gone just about every year. This year, Neil even got to join us :)

The first thing we did was get us some Fair food. You just cant beat it! In fact, we ate it so quickly we didnt even take a picture. The kids and I dined on Corn Dogs while Neil chose the tri-tip sandwich. Yum!

We headed over to the livestock area. Gotta love the smelly animals :) We did get to see some baby animals....so cute! Also, Haven and I almost got ran over by a cow....didnt get a pic of that tho.

The kids also played around on the toys. Haven is enamored with horses!


We checked out some of the exhibits - I always hit up the Gem & Mineral one to get polished rocks, spin the wheel for a prize & the black light part. I also always go to the agriculture one. I feel its important to show the kids how great our Valley is at producing.
Of course we hit up the rides. Always a fun time.





I let the kids pick a toy or treat. Justus picked a toy guitar while Haven went for the ice cream cone.


Lastly we stopped to let the kids ride some horses.


Fun times at The Big Fresno Fair!

2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Great job- felt like I was there! I can see all loved it. The fair was were the famous line "slow it down blondie" was uttered to a about a 5 year old.

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

I remember the "slow it down blondie" line too! I can even see the instance in my mind very clearly!! So loved those times! What fun it is and how wonderful you are making those memories with your kids! I love you!