Monday, August 22, 2011

Big Day - Kindergarten for J!

Today Justus entered his real school career. We are all so excited for him. Ive always been so excited for my kids to go to the next thing - whatever that may be. I love the stages and I love seeing progress. I knew I would never be that parent that cried when my kids started school.

What I didnt know, was how nervous Id be. It took me about an hour into his time at school to realize how nervous I really was. I had to sit down and really think why I was so nervous. I decided it was because my very sheltered kid up to this point would be in a secular environment and I just wanted it to be a good experience.

Of course Justus wasnt nervous at all. For all he cared I could have dropped him at the curb and said see ya later. He was fabulous. No worries on his end.....

So we took a few pics.

Then took some more.

And a few more.



Of course Haven didnt want to be left out.
And then when he got home after lunch, he got his First Day of School treat that he picked out and I picked up while he was at school. Actually H & J both got donuts and my treat was Starbucks :)
They made these super cute hats. All the kids had them on when we came to pick them up. Super cute!

It was a great first day!

3 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Great comments - I remember the first day you crossed the bridge. I love all the pics. I love you, Dad

Whitney said...

I know I see him all the time, but he looks so grown up here!! Yay for a great first day!

Nancy said...

He is such a big guy now! Have a great school year, Justus!