Monday, January 24, 2011

Gearing up

This is the last week that Haven and I will be home for quite some time. On Saturday, she and I will leave to head back to Alabama to help my mom through the (hopefully) last stages of fighting her cancer. When our time there is done, she will be the VICTOR!!!! Just recently in my quiet time I read in Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still" So we will be still. She will have 5 weeks of radiation and then 2 weeks of follow up.

So we are gearing up to go and be gone for 7 weeks. I love going to my parents and I love helping. The only draw back is being away from Neil and Justus. Thank God I have such supportive family and friends. Thanks to everyone who is praying for us and a big THANK YOU to Gigi who will be keeping Justus during the days while Neil is at work.

Here is a pic of my mom at Christmas time. She looks pretty darn good for having just gone thru chemo treatments!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Praying for your family ~ and your wonderful Mother every single day. She looks great in that picture. I just wrote her a note last night to put in our box to go out today!
She amazes me & I am so glad you can go there & help her. Praying for full healing & a future full of family memories to be made in the years to come - I know how much she loves her girls, sons-in-law & grandkids!!!

Whitney said...

I have been praying for your Mom and your family every single day. We are looking forward to rejoicing with you!