Friday, August 28, 2009

What we are working on

Kids definitely are a work in progress!! (I guess adults are too) But I wanted to document what is forefront for my kids right now. Haven will be 2 in a couple of months and Justus is exactly 3.5.

Haven: My little sassy pants. She will close her eyes as if to say "Im not talking to you, I cant see you, you are not there" when someone she doesnt know greets her. I think this is super rude and cannot stand for it to go on. Thankfully, this was covered in our parenting classes so I know what tactics to use...it just may take awhile. So in the mean time, if she does this to you, Im sorry and we really are working on it.

Also for Haven I need to work on her coming when I call. She hears me and almost always chooses to run the other way or at least, just stop with her back to me with no intention to come. I think this will just take a little role playing when Neil is around to help. I know we went through this with Justus.

Justus: His difficulties right now are using his words to communicate instead of crying. I think he has mini meltdowns as I have witnessed a few at church (when he doesnt know Im there) and I can only imagine it has happened at Preschool as well. I do believe its getting better but still an area we need to work on.

Also, a year into his potty training, I wouldnt consider him 100%. He actually has done leaps and bounds better in the past few months. I think being home with just Neil for those few days I was in Alabama really helped him. Something about a Mans authority....hmmm....well, whatever works I say! He wont just go on his own without being prompted, but mostly he is clean and dry all day. Yay for that victory!!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Good luck Kelly! It's nice that you guys went to a parenting class, I'm thinking we should look for one soon. Miss ya girl!

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Parenting is the hardest job in the world. Keep up the great work, God honors that and it will come to fruition. You and Neil are wonderful parents and our God is faithful! Bless you Kelly!
Love you muchly!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Hey, you noticed these things and think about how to make em better- some never think about it or try to make em better. Ilove you,Dad

Megan said...

It is so clear after spending some time with your kids that you DO work on important things like that. A Mom of many told me once that's a great way to describe it to people- just like you did, "We're working on it!"

Nancy said...

You are a great Mom from a great family!