Monday, August 24, 2009

Mastermind

This year both my parents turned 60. That is amazing milestones and my sis and I really wanted to make it special. I had planned to make a special book for my dad to commemorate his life. I told my mom about it and she said to wait to give it to him when they were planning to come out the 4th of July. So we waited and Mom wanted to throw him a surprise party with all their friends. So of course, that is what we did. My dad was totally surprised and LOVED his party. His bday was in June. Surprise party for my dad....Check!

What about my mom....My moms was on the 19th of this month. So Sis and I wanted to make it super special too. So back in March when all this masterminding and scheming were taking place, we felt the best way to celebrate my mom was to go to Alabama where they live and actually be there with her on her bday. So we got to work. Our husbands requested the time off, I checked with my moms boss to make sure she could have the time off (we werent flying all that way just to have her go to work) (which I know her boss personally cause I worked there too, so it was an easy feat), purchased plane tickets for the day before her bday, which was a tuesday and planned to stay til Saturday. Reserved a rental car. They live 1 hr from the nearest airport. We didnt tell ANYONE except my moms boss and he was sworn to secrecy. My dad didnt even know. Oh, it was perfect.

So thats what Ive been up to last week. It was so fun! It started out in our minds as all about my mom, but as the time approached to go I realized that it would be an amazing vacay for me too! And it was. Ill be blogging all about our time in the next few days. It was the BEST!!

3 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Kelly, you and Kate are such a blessing to me! You are both such wonderful gifts from our wonderful Savior. No words can come close to how great this birthday was for me and I will live on the memory of it for a very, very long time, till the Lord calls me home. How in the world did I ever deserve to have you two call me "Mom"??? My cup runneth over!
I love you, my Chickies!!!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Kelly, It was the most perfect plan. Way to go!
I love you,
Dad

Megan said...

WOW Kelly, that sounds amazing! Really impressed at all the planning and I bet your Mom just about came unglued when she saw you both! So sweet!