Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I want to make Jesus' head turn

As read on Beth Moores blog, I want to be so beautiful to Jesus that I make his head turn. And we know thats talking about inward beauty. Ive always striven to have my inward beauty far exceed any outward beauty I may possess. This comes as a fresh thought to me today tho, cause I sat in Beth Moores Esther bible study today with a group of women from my church. The majority of the time discussing was on beauty. With all the comments I heard, I can only hope to ground them with knowing it is Jesus Im trying to please. Not my husband (although I certainly want to and try), not society's view of beauty, nor expectations from anyone else. Lord, let me, help me, be beautiful to You!

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful" (1 Peter 3:3-5a).

2 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

I think Jesus is smiling right now Kelly. You have made Him happy!
Loving you...

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

You are so right. Me too. It is so good to be at the foot of the cross.
I love you,
DaD