Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Havens first bus ride

Today Havens class took their first field trip and they went to the pumpkin patch.  I was a little sad when I learned I was not chosen to be a chaperon  but then equally happy when I realized I didnt have to be mindful of a group of 8 kids!  I did not get to ride the bus tho, that was reserved for chaperons only.

When I watched the kids line up and walk out of the classroom, I instantly saw that Haven was holding hands with one of the boys.  Now, I happen to know this boy through working in the classroom and talking with his mother on occasion, but that didnt really calm my hesitations.  I watched as the held hands all the way til they got on the bus.  Then they sat together on the bus, in the back of all places.  Thankfully the chaperons were right there with them.




 At the patch, the kids had a great time.  They listened to the life cycle of the pumpkin,


  took a tractor ride,
 walked through a corn maze

 and finally got to pick a pumpkin to take home.

Such fun!

1 comment:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Wow, so much: pumpkin carvings, things going on, indeed busy!!! Fall is fun! I love you, Dad