Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hume Lake - Women's retreat

I was able to attend the Women's Retreat up at Hume this weekend.  It is such a lovely place that always makes you just feel closer to God.  The mountains and lake are gorgeous.  The people are great.  The Christian music playing is so uplifting.

I went up with 3 ladies from my life group and then our church had quite a showing so we were surrounded by friends, new and old.

Aside from the amazing spiritual aspect - we got to do some really fun stuff.  Namely the high ropes course and then I got to try my hand a archery.  It was such a fun time!

Getting ready to climb the really tall pole
Getting ready to do the screamer - a free fall off a platform

Screamer


Screamer

Just call me Katniss!


1 comment:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Hume Lake is such a WONDERFUL place. Everything is better up there...the communicating with our LORD...the food...the fellowship...the music/worship...all the fun things to do...the whole experience! So glad you got to go. Brings back such wonderful memories!
ILY!