Tuesday, January 31, 2012

On my mind - part 2 - A bible lesson

My last post was about Haven.  It is interesting how God weaves our lives in such a way that moments intersect at exactly the right time.  He certainly does it well :)

I am going through the bible systematically as to read the whole thing in two years.  Last year I read all of the Old Testament aside from Psalms & Proverbs.  This year I am in the New Testament and will get the P & P at the end.

So as I am reading the other week in Matt 16:23 "Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.""


And this verse just hit me anew (another wonderful thing that God does for us).  Always Id been hung up on the "get behind me Satan" part but this time as I read it I listened to what Jesus said to Peter - "You do not have in mind the things of God"  So I thought - how often do I only have in mind the things of men or, more accurately, selfish things for me?  How often do I look at a situation only to see what I can get out of it, not what God is intending.


Enter decision for Kinder for Haven.


I had it in my mind what I thought would be best (my plans) and allowed *almost* no room for something different (Gods plan).  The last thing I want to be is a stumbling block to Gods plan for not just my life, but for my childrens.  


So I am resigned (submitted) to allow for God best for my family and I know if that includes paying another year of preschool fees, then I know it will be worth it.

3 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

What wonderful spiritual maturity! The LORD smiled when He read this post. His plan is always best and it is so great when we finally figure that out! ILY!!

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

You are the potter and I am the clay- I love you, Dad