Saturday, January 7, 2012

A lesson in Rhyming words

Im thankful my children are smart.  Im thankful they like to practice what they are learning at school.  Im thankful they have great imaginations and often think of their own twist to things.

But then there are rhyming words.  The kids love to rhyme.

Justus the other night was rhyming words with "ducky".  I know you can guess what letter he decided to use.  And he used it.  Neil and I didnt want to place to big of an emphasis on it cause we didnt want him to keep doing it.  So we nonchalantly let him know to be careful what we rhyme because we accidently use words that are cuss words (we have already discussed what cuss words are, just not specifically which ones).  And we went on with our night.

Then......at school the other day, while I was helping out in the classroom, Justus decided to start his rhyming game again.  So all the kids got to hear him declare what rhymes with duck....twice!  Thankfully, the kids are still so innocent, none of them really picked up on it.  So I chatted with his teacher who then set him straight.

Hopefully we wont hear that again!

1 comment:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Good job of handling it! I love you, Dad