Saturday, January 28, 2012

On my mind - Haven

Lately on my mind has been this whole transitional kindergarten thing and what is best for Haven.  When J started school I had my mind set on H going the following year to Kindergarten so they would only be 1 year apart in school.  I had so many good reasons for this.....one of which involves money.  I was ready to be done paying for preschool.

I talked with many people about Havens readiness, one of which was Justus Kinder teacher.  Not that she knew H but that she knew what was needed and her experience etc.  She adamantly suggested I wait to put H in since she would be so young.

I had also asked H's preschool teacher to keep an eye out because my thoughts were to put her in Kinder.  Who better to instruct me than her.

Then the whole idea of the transitional kindergarten came on the scene and I slowly adapted to that idea.  Haven could go to school (for free) with J at his school and be in a class of her true peers.  I finally admitted this was best and had resigned to it, even though it would mean J & H being 2 years apart in school.

But then it seems our wonderful CA govt wants to cut funding for it, which means no transitional kindergarten which means........another year of (pay for it) preschool.  Ughhhhh!!!

But God is teaching me.....that will be in my next post ;)

1 comment:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Well, It will work out. God has the plan. I love you, Dad