So I put him in room time and he was not having it. He fussed and cried. I went in there to explain the rules to him yet again that he needs to play by himself quietly. If he needs help with a toy he will have to wait until later, put it aside. Usually he is really good. Not today. Fuss after fuss. Finally I went in there to tell him that if I came in there again we would put up his toys and he would have to lay in his bed. So I left, only to hear more crying. I waited hoping it would go away. NOPE. So in I went - I am one to do what I say. And in to bed I said for him to go. But he fought me and fought me on it. I think I punished him like 5 or 6 times. Finally I got him calm enough to sit quietly so I could explain to him that if he was quiet in his bed for a length of time, I would come back in and he could play. So he did as I said.
But my goodness! All that fighting and crying and punishing is for the birds!! Just obey already! :)
3 comments:
Parenting is the hardest job in the world! It can be exhausting! Hang in there, Kelly. You are doing a great job!
I love you!
I've had a day like that today with Kenlee, Kelly. Sometimes they just like to exercise their strong wills & it is exhausting!!
Hope tomorrow is better for you!
He will say one day " I had the best mom " I love you, Dad
Post a Comment