This year my kids are truly old enough to understand Christmas and all that it entails. Every year we get money from my parents to spend on the kids. In the past we have just lumped it all with the gifts we give them but this year we wanted to make the distinction. My aunt also gets the kids gifts and we wanted to do the same for her.
So I devised a plan to let the kids open the presents on Christmas Eve. At first I was going to do it at night but then realized they would want to play with the gifts so I decided earlier would be better.
I wrapped them up extra special and placed them outside our front door. Then I rang the doorbell and rang back into the house through the garage. Meanwhile Neil made a big deal about who might be at the door. The kids opened the door to see presents for them, all the way from Alabama and Georgia! Yay!!
 |
| Gifts all wrapped specially |
 |
| Checking out who is at the door |
 |
| Excited to see the gifts |
 |
| Bringing the gifts inside |
So of course they immediately opened the gifts and were so excited! What fun! Thanks to our special family for making this such a fun and special time!
 |
| J was excited to get his razor scooter with light up wheels |
 |
| Haven exclaiming in her very excited voice "Just what I always wanted! |
2 comments:
Great idea and wonderful pics- Merry Christmas, Dad
How fun!! Makes Christmas last longer too!! Ho! Ho! Ho! Merry Christmas to you!!! ILY!!
Post a Comment