Monday, November 7, 2011

My first apple pie

Yesterday I took on the task of making not one, but two, apple pies completely from scratch. We were having a social at our house and I thought it would make a great dessert.

So first I made the dough - I used a fabulous whole wheat recipe.
Then I rolled it out and put it in the pan


Then I had to peel lots of apples and season them. I also made the filling. (No pictures, sorry)

I added the top lattice work and got it ready for the oven.


Out it came.

I dont like apple pie so I had to rely on the comments from others. My very honest husband said it was really good, the only thing he would do differently is make the crust sweeter.

My kitchen was so very messy by the time I was finished. But it was a great experience and even though they certainly werent picture perfect in appearance - I think it would be a good thing to make again!

2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

umm-umm good - I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Wow Kelly Bells! So proud of you!!
Love to you!