Monday, September 19, 2011

How Great God is

Sometimes God just goes out of His way to make me feel loved. Sometimes I just need to rest in His promise and have faith for what He has in store for me. These past few months have been such a testimony for both of these.

Before school started I was concerned because I had not heard super great things about our neighborhood school. I really wanted for Justus to have a great year and I wasnt so sure about our school. I also could name at least two other schools I wish Justus could go to.

But God knew.

As I wrestled with these thoughts I was reminded that God had provided our house. I 100% believe and know that God put us here. I had prayed for at least 2 years for a house before He gave us this one. We are in a FABULOUS spot. I LOVE our neighbors. I feel safe and it is everything I wanted my house to be.

About two weeks before school started I really relied on this - that God had put us here for a reason. That I needed to trust Him and look for what He had planned.

He also was going out of His way to show me His love. Through words from friends, contacts at school and other encouraging ways, He was showing Himself to me.

Then school started. The first day was great. By about the 3rd day it was evident that Justus was having unexpected struggles.

But God knew.

He knew Justus would have this struggle. He knew I would have this struggle. Lets face it, Justus' struggles are mine - how to parent him through all this.

God knew.

He knew I needed to be reminded how important being on my knees for my kids is. He knew He had picked out just the perfect teacher for Justus - at the perfect school. This teacher is amazing. She has worked seamlessly with me to find what is best for Justus. I cannot even begin to say how much I appreciate how perfectly she has handled all this.

God knew.

And He gave her to me. And later I found out that she is a Christian and she is praying for Justus.

So now we are taking each day at a time. Justus has been doing soooooooo much better. I think he has found his rhythm.

God takes such good care of me. He is Great..... He always is!

No comments: