Monday, December 20, 2010

Kids Christmas Party

This is my 2nd (possibly 3rd) annual Kids Christmas party. I love to have parties and make memories for my kids.

All my parties have the same structure:

Craft time - This year we made Santa Ornaments out of the kids hands

Decorate Cookie time - Last year I had the kids do their own cutouts but this year I opted only for the deco part



Story time - We must reinforce the True meaning of Christmas. We sang a song, read a book, read from the Bible and talked about Christmas. I accidently picked up the wrong book so my transition from traditional Christmas to Jesus Christmas wasnt as smooth as it was in my head.
Please notice the lack of attention given to the story teller. Maybe its my style, maybe its that mostly its boys (Friend Whitneys girls are sitting nice and quietly). My kids certainly acted like theyve never had to sit still before - oh my!!

Lunch time - Potato soup for the adults and an assortment of Christmasy food for the kids - including wreath bagels with cream cheese.
Followed by cookie eating time


Oh, we also played games mixed in there somewhere - we played Hot Reindeer and Pin the Nose on the Snowman


My kids always end up having meltdowns from all the kids/stimulation, but I think the overall memory will be of fun times with friends! Lets hope so anyway ;) Merry Christmas!!



2 comments:

Whitney said...

You did such a great job! Thanks for planning and having us all over, the girls enjoyed their morning. Fun times!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

I love all the great pics. Makes me feel like I was there. I love you,
Dad