Saturday, September 18, 2010

Rise and Shine - its Balloon time

5:30 is sooooo early for me any day, let alone on a Saturday. But I set my alarm and got up so I could get ready and, along with Neil, take the kids to go see the hot air balloons.

When we lived in the apartment we would see Hot Air Balloons float pass from time to time. I remember seeing them as a kid. (not sure I ever saw them the way we did today tho).

I made some blueberry muffins (not a typical bfast for us - kinda like a treat) and hot chocolate after I got ready (and had at least one cup of coffee) and packed it all up. Then we went and got the kids up, got them dressed quickly and into the car.

It was already busy when we got there but we put out our blanket and chairs and watched as they blew the balloons up and took off into the sky.






We were even really close to one that we got see the whole process.


Then we walked over to Clovis fest, ran into some friends and had a great time.

2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Hot air ballons are cool. It looks like a great day. I love you Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

How fun! Bet the kids LOVED it!!! Especially the muffins and hot chocolate! Kelly, you and Neil made it an event!