Thursday, July 29, 2010

Playland..... precursor to Disneyland

We have planned a trip for Disneyland. I am SOOOOO excited as it will be our first time taking the kids. Well, Justus has had an aversion to rides so I had the great scheme in mind to take him to Playland. Not only is Playland fun, it would be a low cost way to expose J to rides. Also, the bonus is you get to go to Storyland too. What fun!!!

So when I saw Groupon had deal tickets I immediately jumped on it. Thankfully, friend Ashley did as well and since today was supposed to be rather mild (95 instead of 105....and with a cool morning) we decided today was the day.

Justus LOVED it all and I was so happily surprised. Haven on the other hand wasnt quite as thrilled though she at least attempted most of the rides even if she wasnt thrilled by them.


At Playland....They rode the carousel multiple times.




The helicopters were fun. They even made theirs go up super high!!


Riding the cars was Justus favorite!


Haven on the roller coaster
Justus in the front row roller coaster
Train ride take 1...it ran out of gas
Train ride take 2...on our way to Storyland


At Storyland....of course the kids were not so much into hearing the stories as they were playing on all the play equipment.


Here we attempted to get a cute pic of all the kids, but as you can see....it didnt work out so well.
Haven loved the idea of being on the throne, even tho she was upset to even go into the castle.

Hopscotch....timeless classic.









2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

I love seeing all the wonderful pics! I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

Kelly, those were GREAT pictures! I fell like I was there with you! Great idea too to get the kids used to the rides. How fun! Love you!!