Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 1 - Potty Training recap

Yesterday I decided to potty train Haven. Why? You might ask. Well, the short of it is, it just had to happen. And I bit the bullet and decided to try. The sooner I start the sooner its over, right???

She did really well. I started by telling her the day before and we went to go pick out big girl panties. She was very adamant about wanting Minnie Mouse ones - not Princess, like I supposed, but Minnie. So we got the Minnie ones and a little seat to fit inside our toilet. Our toilets are awfully high off the ground so I thought this best.
She took right to it. When I got her up we went and sat on the potty. Nothing happened but we gotta start the habit. Then I fed her juice like crazy so she would have to pee a lot. We went every 30 min or so and she was fabulous.
The only accidents she had was poop and she told me right after it happened. And then at lunch she started to pee but then held it til we got to the toilet. Im so impressed!


3 comments:

Ann-Marie said...

Fan-TAS-tic! This gives me hope for Carridy in a few more years.

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

That is so good- Haven is a champion I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

You can do it! And so can Haven! I am excited and happy for you both! Love you!