Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Vamp Week


Last week I was lost in a different world. This world used words like coven, phase & immortal. Yes, I was sucked into the world of vampires via the Twilight Series.

I never thought Id be the one. I resisted and didnt think twice about it. When the movies came out I had no desire to see a movie about vampires. I get scared pretty easily and they held no interest.

However, my hubs came home last fri or sat night and said he had rented New Moon. I knew it was part of the series but failed to remember it was the second one. We were half way through before I realized and Neil had to confirm it. I was so confused! So that meant I had to watch the first one. I searched all around and found a friend who loaned it to me the next day - My obsession had started! After that I knew I had to read the books. Oh I was consumed!!

I went and bought book one Mon morning. By Tues I was going back for book two. I read a book a day - which is saying a lot since the books are between 500-700 pages each. Then once I was finally finished Friday afternoon at 3:57, I went the next day to my hair lady who told me about the unfinished 5th book on the internet. So by Sun I had the 5th book read too. Crazy, I know. Needless to say, not much got done around my house.

Im still shaking the aftershocks of such intensity. Im really trying hard to rid my mind of all things vampire. Wow - I havnt been this consumed since I read Lord of the Rings and even then Im not sure it invaded my mind as much.

So that is a recap of my Vamp week.

5 comments:

We are the Champions said...

I know exactly how you felt. I resisted for about a year. Lauren got to reading the series after she saw the first movie in 2008. I was like it is about vampires!! Lauren read all the books...I was in shock seeing as she didn't like to read. Lauren and my sister-in-law were going to see New Moon when it opened while we were in Disney World at Thanksgiving. I said well I will go with you. Nooooooo....you can't see New Moon before you read the book they said. I hadn't even read Twlight at that point. I had only seen Twlight a month or so before New Moon came out. I FINALLY decided to read the book. There is so much more in the book than the movie. I read all four books in 10days. I've seen Twlight and New Moon 2 or 3 times. It is captivating. I KNOW it is all ficitional. Stephanie Meyer can write!!

Ann-Marie said...

Been there, done that! :)

Whitney said...

I am in the midst of my Twilight haze, halfway through New Moon. I will most likely be done by the weekend, however life keeps taking me away.
Welcome back to lif, my friend, I will hopefully join you soon. :)

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

What did Paul say about doing what he knows not to do- I am happy for a forgiving Savior.

kaleigh said...

hahah aren't they GREAT??