Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pump It Up

Yesterday I took the kids to Pump It Up for the first time. It was so much fun! The day started out kinda crazy tho. First off, I took the address off the site and mapped it. Well, who knows what address I had cause it took me to some crazy residential area in Madera at least 10 miles out of the way. Good thing I had left so early! So finally, with Neils help, I found the right place, which is still in Madera but no where near the first place I went.

Then, once we got there, I went to go take the kids into the play area and Justus freaked out. I think because you dont really see right into the room, you just see a giant wall of the inflatable and you kinda have to walk around it. So I had to haul him in there and of course that set Haven off. So before we even got to the fun stuff I had to deal with two screaming, freaked out kids.

Once we got inside Justus warmed up a little bit but I still had to carry him to the top of the slide and slide down with him. But after that, he was all out and LOVED every thing!

Haven on the other hand, still wasnt so sure. Of course, she really didnt like parting with her shoes from the get-go. But I took her down the slide a few times, but she still wouldnt do it without me. So I ended up just letting her jump around the room and eventually she warmed up to only one of the inflatables. I think she really has an aversion to being caged in and in a lot of those inflatables, it does have that feel. So the one she chose to hang out in wasnt enclosed.

So the cute stories were: at one point Justus asked me from inside one of the inflatables "Is this a fairytale?" and then when we were on our way home he kept referring to it as "Candyland" I think cause of all the imagination tantalizing thoughts of big bounce houses, crazy obstacle course inflatables, giant slide etc. So cute!!



2 comments:

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

I love when little one say things like "is this fairyland" it makes you understand how you are forming them every day. good job. I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

What a great experience for them. Getting them to try, and be exposed to new and different situations etc is so good. I'm with Haven tho, I don't like to part with my shoes either!
Love you!