Monday, October 12, 2009

The BIG Fresno Fair 2009








This year our experience was wonderful! Both kids are old enough to enjoy it, I didnt feel like I had to get back for naps, it was perfect! We had amazing weather - not hot like last year. Nice cool breeze without being chilly. We also did something new this year - we tried out the carnival. Haven is way more daring than Justus, can I just say. J didnt even want to go on the rides at all, I had to make him. Haven started to cry when we werent going to go on the Ferris Wheel cause Justus didnt want to go. Luckily, friend Ashley was there with Reece and Merrick and Cliff. So she hung out with Merrick while Cliff, Reece, Haven and I rode the Ferris Wheel. She loved it! Then we watched Reece ride a roller coaster, then off to find the rides J and H could do. We found some trucks and I knew J would want to do that, so he and Haven rode those and several others. In fact, the Semi trucks were the only ride we rode twice!

We also had corn dogs and cotton candy for a treat. We went into the Mineral and Gem exhibit and spun the wheel for a prize. That is one of my personal favorite things to do. Then we went and saw our clothes glow in the black light display and then each got a bag of polished rocks. Oh, the fun of the fair!! The only other exhibit we went into was the Ag one. Its always fun to see the Ginormous pumpkins!

We went to see the livestock also. Saw the cows and pigs and sheep. Saw the baby lambs. So precious. Saw the baby chicks, baby pigs and the goat. Then they had an area for the kids to try to rope a calf that was made of hay. It was fun cause the kids got to sit in a real saddle.

It was such a fun day. We all really enjoyed the Big Fresno Fair!!

1 comment:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

It all looked like soooo much fun! What a great day for you and the kiddos!
Love you muchly!