Ever since I had weight issues back when I first moved back to California Ive learned to be as healthy as possible. Isnt it cool how God puts certain people in your life at specific times to teach you what you need to know?
First, I had a friend who was going to a nutritionist, so I started to go. He taught me all about how the body works and how to stabilize my metabolism, that I had led sooooo astray.
Then I had a friend who was very granola for lack of a better word. This girl was a beautiful example to me of what eco friendly was. She wasnt weird or anything like that, she just loved keeping the earth as untouched as possible. (last I checked she was attending Yale grad school - oh, how I love her!) She taught me about whole grain food and using applesauce instead of sugar and neat tricks like that.
Next was my friend who has a sister that is vegan or something like that so she knows all about what is super healthy, how to get the most nutrients from the food you are eating. This was super helpful to me when Justus was a brand new baby. Because of her I knew to feed him flax seed and wheat germ and all kinds of healthy stuff like that.
So all these people plus other great examples, books and doctors that are all about natural in my life have totally helped me strive to be as healthy as possible in our world that is so junk food friendly.
My next step is to do a cleanse. Ive been talking to God about this for quite some time, knowing that I needed something like this. I came across this ladys cleanse in my blog world and Im gearing up to try it. Ive emailed her and she is very supportive. My goal is 21 days. Ill keep you posted how it goes. My start date is July 26. Here is her link in case you are curious: http://breakingfreetruths.blogspot.com/search/label/Directions%20for%20Cleanse
2 comments:
Healthy is good.
I love you,
Dad
Kelly, Oh good for you!!! I did this cleanse last year and was able to complete 7 days...it was not easy but it was good. My nutritionist actually suggested it. If you feel like I would love to see you blog about it :)
I am considering doing it again in September
Post a Comment