Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Good guy, Bad guy - a work in progress
So the other day, I heard Haven crying. From the sound, I could tell that it most likely had to do with Justus not acting rightly towards her. Sure enough when I got to the scene and asked Justus (which, I have to say, he is always very honest) what happened, he told me "I hit Sis" Well, we all know that is unacceptable. So I proceeded my mom talk of how that is not acceptable and he would be punished. In his response, he told me he was a bad guy, that is why he hit her. As I inquired further I realized that in his VeggieTales movie, there are bad guys that do bad things. I continued by telling him that bad guys get punished but good guys get rewarded. That Jesus likes it when we are good, that makes Him happy. That people dont like to be around bad guys. Well, since then, I continue to bring the concept up to him. However he still thinks he wants to be a bad guy - I guess its a work in progress!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good job, it is a full time job raising children.
I love you,
DaD
Kelly,
It is amazing how these little minds work. Wow, sounds like he is trying out this concept of being a bad guy. Kind of testing the boundries. Very interesting. Parenthood, the hardest job in the world. Having Jesus in the center definitely makes it easier!
Love you!! Mom
Post a Comment