Monday, November 12, 2012

Home Projects

This weekend Neil and I took on the task of covering up our pool equipment.  Now, these types of things are such a feat for Neil and me for several reasons:

1) we both are power tool illiterate
2) anything he and I want to do, we always come at it from completely opposite angles/outlooks

3) we are not handy


It took us three days.

Day one was cut the posts and set them in quickcrete.

Day two was cut the biggest panel and attach it using latches so it could be taken off easily in case our equipment needs some serious maintenance.  This was the most challenging day of all.  Its a good thing we both know how to hold our tongues and not say hurtful things in our frustration ;)


Cutting posts

Posts up, waiting for panels

Day three - much easier.  We finished all our cuts, hung our last two panels and our gate.  Whew....we sure got a lot done and for a couple who is so not good at stuff like this, Im pretty impressed with our outcome if I do say so myself!!

Cutting panels
All Done!!


2 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

WOW, Kelly Bells!!! I am IMPRESSED!!! GREAT job! Way to go to both of you. Next job will be easier now that you have a little experience under your belts! ILY!!!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Great job! It all looks so good. I love you, Dad