Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July 4th!

We had a great July 4th. I started the day with a run around Woodward park with friend Renee, then we met up with another friend for breakfast at Batter Up. Then I went and hung out with my mom and later some more of the fam.

When I got back to my house around lunch time, the kids were still in their PJs and Neil and them were having a great time relaxing and playing.

So the kids went to quiet time still in their jammies and Neil and I got in a quick nap ourselves. Then it was up and off to Sisters to celebrate the holiday.

We had quite a large group at my sisters. 15 adults and 7 kids. Good times!

We swam a whole lot. I have to say, Haven was doing sooooo good. Justus was hanging with the big kids and having fun.


Then it was burger and hot dog time. Never mind the flames :)
Then on to the show. We did some of our own fireworks, starting with poppers and sparklers.




Chad had brought some crazy big sparklers so the kids had fun with those.

And my sis lives very close to Buchanan so we got to see their fireworks as well.

Great day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Looks like a wonderful time! So neat that your family is all together!!