Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall Fun

Yesterday we took the opportunity to enjoy the beginnings of Fall. After the kids flu shots, which Justus has such an aversion to (which is well understood seeing how he saw so many doctors when he was new) and Haven didnt even flinch. Both got lollipops and we went on our way.

I decided the day should be fun so we started out going to see a friend whose dog just had puppies. Last year this same dog had a litter and Haven was in love with the puppies. This time, she would have nothing to do with them. The puppies are only a couple weeks old and last time they were older and moving around so I think that is the difference.....anyway, here is a pic of Justus checking them out.
Next we headed home for lunch and a super quick nap.

Then it was off to the PUMPKIN PATCH! One of my favorite things to do as a mom is take my kids to the pumpkin patch. I love it, they love it, and you get great pics. We invited our friends Miss Whitney, Hannah (Justus crush) and Claire (Havens dance buddy) to join us.

Except - it was closed. I swear the website said it was open, but, no dice. Sooooo whats a mom, her kids and friends to do.......hunt out great picture taking places that arent blocked off.




We found some great photo opps and even went into the orchard...thats ok, right? RIGHT??




Finally we made it to a pumpkin patch with real pumpkins. More great photos:





And the kids found some toys to play with:


We ended the day with corn dogs and Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown.
Yay for Fall fun!


4 comments:

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

What a GREAT day!! I know the kids LOVED it!!! I'm excited!!! see you soon! Love you!

Nancy said...

Justus looks so tall, Kelly! These are precious pictures!!

Whitney said...

Yay!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

The great outdoors-love all the pics. I love you, Dad