Saturday, August 28, 2010

Terrible, horrible, no-good day

Thursday started out to be a great day. Sure it was HOT at 109 degrees, but we had just one errand to knock out and then we were going to spend the day at my sisters pool.

Once we get to my sisters things were going well. The pool was super refreshing. It was GREAT. Then the kids asked if they could get on the trampoline. My sisters trampoline is, like, huge. it does have a net around it. The kids have been on it multiple times before. I said "sure". I turned my chair around and watched while laying out.

I got up to go get some more sunscreen and I had to walk out of view to get it. The next thing I heard was the most horrible screaming coming from BOTH my children. I race around the corner thinking they had collided in some kind of awkward jump that broke their bones.

But no, they are both on the concrete.

Great. Not only may they have broken bones, they may be bleeding from their brains. Great. So I see that they are holding their heads and also moving so I have them walk inside where I can think a little better. My bro-in-law was home on his lunch break so it was nice to have a calm person to talk to. He checked them out while I called the dr.

Of course the dr office is closed from 12-2 for lunch and it was now about 12:15. I got the exchange service to leave a msg for the on-call dr. She asked if they were dizzy or wanting to fall asleep. I didnt think so. So I hung up waiting for a call from the dr.

I talked to my kids to see what had happened and J said they were on their tummies (by the entrance that I didnt zip down) and that they fell out of the trampoline onto their heads (on the concrete).

About 30 min before this happened, Justus decided to "water" my phone with the watering can. So I had to deal with my phone shutting off and all my numbers not being accessible. Talk about inconvenient, especially during an emergency.

I waited for the dr to call, which he never did. Finally about an hour later (meanwhile my kids are laying on ice packs) I called again. But the phone system was not responding. After about 4 other calls I finally got to someone. No one was happy to help me until they heard my story. Then they got all serious and were like"we like to see that kind of problem right away" I was like, yeah, been trying to tell you this for forever.

End of story - we went in at 5 and got the kids checked out and they were ok. Just had to take it easy for a few days.



4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my goodness! Poor babies! Those are some pretty big war wounds, I'm glad they are ok.

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

So thakful they are ok! Accidents happen. I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

That's the way it always happens, you turn your back for an instance and disaster strikes! Glad my grand babies are OK, and are none the worse for wear! That's why the Lord gives us His angels charge over us. PTL!! Love you!

Whitney said...

The frustration!!! I am so glad it all ended up okay.