Monday, April 5, 2010

Behind the scenes

We truly had a great Easter weekend. But here are some things that were going on along side everything traditional that I thought were funny or just wanted to help me remember for next year:

- at the Easter Egg hunt, Haven would not wear her matching sweater (that cost more than her dress) even tho it was totally freezing cold. She wanted her dress to show.

- when I bought her dress I intended for it to be her Easter dress but I didnt realize at the time that the Hunt would be the day before. Also, I made her hair bows as we were walking out the door. The totally cute head band I bought to match the dress wasnt going to work with her bending down and hunting.

- Night before Easter - when all thru the house not a creature was stirring not even... me. I was at my friends house watching the Twilight series via totally cool movie room. Both movies back to back blue ray version and dinner and dessert also. I didnt get home til after midnight. Needless to say Easter baskets were not done quite the way I wouldve liked.

- When I was getting ready to leave for said movie night Neil inquired as to what was going to be in the kids Easter baskets. When I replied Chocolate, he thought they really needed some toys. So about 3:30 afternoon before Easter I was at Target trying desperately to find cool toys in the totally picked over Easter toy dept. Ugh! Will remember for next year!!

-Did not take any pictures of my kids in their Easter day clothes. Well, Justus wore basically the same thing as the hunt, but Haven (thanks to my gammet of fancy dresses from my sis) wore something different.

- I had (got) to work with the kids on Easter Sunday so I didnt even wear a dress to church.

No comments: