Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Justus!

My big kid turned 4! Wow!! Birthdays are such fun milestones. To reflect back on all the last year has held and remember the day he was born. Such great memories!

This year we celebrated a night early since Katie and her fam were leaving to go out of town on Justus actual birthday. So thurs night everyone came over for cake and presents. Justus picked out his cake. He first told me he wanted a green race car with flame jobs but after we went to Savemart and looked at the cake book, he picked out the Nascar cake. Now Im sure it was because of the checkered flag backdrop, but can I just say, Im NOT a Nascar fan. But being the great mom I am, I let it slide.



After his party he thought he was 4 but I had to keep telling him not until the next day would he actually be 4, we were just celebrating his birthday. It was funny and so cute!




Then on his actual birthday we started the day off with donuts. GG came to celebrate with us. Then after donuts we came home so he could play with all his new toys. Then a little later we took a trip to Toys R Us to spend the birthday money that Aunt Carolyn and Grammy had sent. With my help, he picked out a train table. :) The boy loves trains right now. I think its because he loves that show on Disney Chuggington so much. Anyways, we are in train Heaven at our house now. GG and Papa had given him some more Geo Tracks and so all this together makes for lots of train fun!




After our shopping trip it was time to head home and play more. Then for dinner we went to Red Robin so they could make a big deal of Justus and sing and give him free ice cream. Yum!! Yay for Justus turning 4!!




4 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday Justus! Kelly you are doing such a great job raising such an adventurous, polite, and handsome little guy!

Dad/Grand Dad in Bama said...

Memories are being made! Thank you for the grea pics. Happy Birthday Justus! I love you, Dad

Mom/Grammy in Bama said...

What a GREAT birthday for Justus!!! Such fun and wonderful memories. I too say thanks for the great pics Kelly. Makes us feel like we were there!
Bless you my Chickie!!!

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to your big boy! He's so handsome, Kelly!!